Hi I’m Dog. You can learn a lot from watching us dogs. If you want to be happier in life and take advantage of your awesome coworking space, try to think more like a dog. Yes, for real!
Tips from Dog on how to be happy:
- Show your enthusiasm. Learn to love whatever you’re doing. When your job seems routine, remind yourself of its purpose, whether that’s to provide for your family or invent a new medicine. Sometimes just smiling will make you feel more joyful.
- Greet everybody. Take the time to wish everyone a good morning before you settle down to your tasks. Your relationships with your co-workers play a huge role in your job satisfaction. Create a friendly atmosphere by exchanging daily pleasantries.
- Lend others your support. Take a break from your own concerns to notice how your coworkers are feeling. When stress levels are high, offer your assistance and encouragement. You’ll feel good about helping out, and people will be more likely to reciprocate when you need a hand.
- Give early warnings. Minor workplace conflicts can escalate if they’re allowed to fester. Speak out tactfully at the first sign of a misunderstanding. This will make your work environment much more pleasant than just growling right before you bite.
- Bounce back from conflicts. Forget about holding grudges. Put any unpleasant experiences behind you and demonstrate your willingness to cooperate with everybody to get the job done.
- Follow your instincts. Sometimes you have to respond to unfamiliar situations without much time to prepare. Trust your instincts when you need to take a risk. If it’s your first time giving a staff presentation, boost your confidence by adapting what you already know from your days on the student debate team.
- Get plenty of sleep. You may never be able to arrange your schedule to get as much sleep as your dog, but you can still strive for 8 hours every night. Adequate rest is critical to your mental health.
How to make the most of The Guild:
- Show off your accomplishments. Humility is an admirable quality, but sometimes you need to promote yourself. Watch how dogs soak up positive attention without looking like they’re bragging. Use your success stories to your advantage to promote your company and career.
- Follow the rules. How does a dog know which objects are okay to chew? The logic behind some rules may elude you, but it’s usually best to go along with them to preserve order in the coworking space.
- Practice active listening. Your co-workers are bound to value you more if you take a sincere interest in them. Listen respectfully to what others may be able to teach you.
- Persistence is a big part of success. Stay focused and keep on the trail no matter what obstacles arise. If you get blocked from digging under the fence, maybe you can persuade someone to open the gate for you.
- Reduce waste. Mail carriers and couriers perform valuable jobs, but many dogs obviously would prefer a paper-free world. Some dogs also regard as edible the many things that humans throw away. Help the environment by reducing, reusing and recycling in the coworking space.
- Contribute to the pack. Above all, spend time with getting to know your coworkers. Participate in coworking space activities and events such as Wine Down Wednesday, volunteer events, picnics, and potlucks… anything that involves food really.
Although chasing your tail may not get you anywhere in life, us dogs are otherwise great role models for becoming more content and productive in life and work. Not a member of the The Guild? Test us out with a day pass. Our treat!